|Perisseia Physicians continues to be open to see patients for well and sick exams while following the CDC guidelines to help prevent exposure and spread of the COVID-19 virus. Our management team continues to actively monitor the COVID-19 pandemic in Georgia and our top priority is the health and safety of our patients and employees.
Peresseia Physicians recognizes the crucial need for us all to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19 and practice social distancing. However, as a medical practice, we also owe a duty to our patients and communities, particularly in the face of a global healthcare crisis, to continue to care for our patients.
Peresseia Physicians Continued Safety Guidelines to Prevent the Spread of COVID-19:
The following patient policies are currently in effect for all patients:
In addition, for well visits, if you have any of these symptoms of COVID-19, please contact us to reschedule your upcoming appointment.
The following procedures are in place for sick patients to prevent exposure and spread of the virus:
Most importantly, please protect yourself by washing your hands frequently with soap and water, covering your mouth when coughing or sneezing, and avoiding close contact with anyone who has a fever or cough.
Perisseia Physicians has been part of the Lawrenceville community for more than 30 years, and we are grateful for the understanding of our patients and guests as we strive to provide outstanding care to you and your family, while continuing to help do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19 in Georgia. We support our hospital partners who are on the front lines of this global pandemic. We are all in this together and together we will provide a safe environment for all your healthcare needs.
The following are the steps you should follow as you prepare for your in-office visit amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. These are meant for your protection, as well as your medical staff.
- When you schedule your appointment via phone, we will collect the following information to ensure social distancing and limited interactions:
- Credit card information for copay purposes or balances
- Pertinent medical information that may have changed or rx refills that are needed
- We may also point you to our Patient Portal to print any necessary forms
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes before your scheduled appointment time, give us a call and REMAIN IN YOUR VEHICLE. Please let us know the make/model of your vehicle so that we can identify you.
- We will supply you with a face mask that you must wear before entering
- We will take your temperature with a touchless thermometer before entering
- The Medical Assistant will collect any paperwork you have completed and/or have brought with you.
- Your interactions will be limited to the Medical Assistant and your Provider (and the lab technician if you are having labs drawn). They will ensure your needs are met before your departure to eliminate the need for any formal check out or referral functions outside of the exam room. Please do not bring anyone (children/parents/spouse/etc) to your visit with you unless they are necessary.
- Safety Precautions
- To ensure that no one is exposed to potentially harmful viruses, we are limiting our in-office availability to well visits only with one patient in the office at a time. We will offer the following appointments in office:
- Physical Exams
- Medicare Annual Wellness Visits
- UTI and Urinalysis checks
- Blood draws
- Women’s wellness exams and pap smears
- Other types of “well” exams available upon inquiry
- Employee Safety
- We strive to provide protection for you at every level possible, as well as to our tireless healthcare workers. We daily take our employees’ temperatures, practice social distancing between staff members, wear PPE when necessary, and wear masks/gloves when interacting with patients and/or staff. Deep cleaning of the office is done daily with exam rooms cleaned thoroughly after every patient as well as bathrooms. Waiting rooms and other spaces where people congregate are not used.
If you have any questions please let us know so that we can help you feel confident and safe as you come back into our office. We look forward to seeing you soon!
To ensure that your upcoming Virtual Visit with our Providers is as seamless as possible, please view one of the videos below. If you continue to have trouble, please call 1-888-774-8428 and selection option 1, then select option 1 again for virtual visit support. This line is available from 8am-6pm EST.
Desktop Instructions https://priviamedicalgroup.wistia.com/medias/4944oo54m9
Mobile Instructions https://priviamedicalgroup.wistia.com/medias/b5oa4e793t
We launched Virtual Visits (Telemedicine) at our Practice in December. Now is an excellent time to use this! Please call our office for further directions.
As our patient, your wellbeing is our highest priority. We are closely monitoring the respiratory illness caused by Coronavirus (COVID-19) and want to provide you with resources to help you protect your health and others.
Click here for the most up-to-date information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) about this evolving situation, how to reduce the risk of spreading illness, travel health notices, and more.
The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus. Therefore, we recommend the following:
- If you have any flu-like symptoms, such as fever, a dry cough and/or shortness of breath, call us.
- Take preventive actions to stop the spread of germs (wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth, clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces).
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover coughs and sneezes and then immediately wash your hands.
In general, to stay healthy during the flu and respiratory disease season, you can:
- Get vaccinated for the influenza (flu) or pneumonia if you haven’t already.
- Take flu antivirals if prescribed.
Please call us to schedule a Virtual Visit with one of our providers in lieu of coming into our office for your safety and the safety of our healthcare workers.
|Best of health,
Perisseia Primary Care and Wellness
If you have recently traveled to an area where COVID-19 is currently circulating in the community and you are experiencing any of the following (fever, shortness of breath, cough, and/or cold symptoms) please do not come to our office but give us a call for further instructions or to schedule a Virtual Visit. We do not have the capacity to test for or treat COVID-19 in our office.
To view current treatment and instructions from the CDC, please visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/steps-when-sick.html
Thank you for helping us keep the most vulnerable patients in our community healthy!
As of May 16, 2017, we are proud members of Privia Medical Group!